Problem auto generating passwords

Options
Rich47
Rich47
Community Member
edited September 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I recently signed up for 1Password and having trouble changing a password. When I go to a web site log in, I go to the change password section. It asks for my current password, which 1Password enters. Then, there are two blank spots for the new password. I know how to get 1Password to generate a suggestion, but I can’t figure out how to change the length (or makeup) of the suggestion (eg, 10 characters or a mix of numbers and letters). How do I do this from within the suggested dialog box that pops up? (Overall, I find 1Password to be good, but I’m having a hard time navigating between using the 1P web site, the Chrome extension and the app, each of which seems to have a different interface and capability.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Rich47 👋 Welcome to 1Password and to the forum! To better assist you, can you please provide me some additional details -- what platform, which web browser, and which extension (1Password X or the standard desktop app extension) are you using? The workflow varies a bit, so once I have that information I can better assist. :smile:

• Rich47
    Rich47
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    Platform -- Mac OS 10.13.6
    Browser -- Chrome
    Extension -- 1Password X
    (I also have the desktop app -- 7.3.2)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rich47: Though 1Password X has Suggested Password right in the inline menu:

You can also use the full password generator from the "+" in the toolbar menu if you need to customize the password that is generated:

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.