Step by step start up tutorial?

jb60202
jb60202
Community Member

Hi - I just signed up with a family account. I am a 60 year old seasoned computer and mobile devise end user. For some reason I cannot wrap my head around how to actually get started with this. I want to start using online security best practices and a password manager seems the number 1 suggestion. I want to use this to generate strong random passwords wherever I use them, especially for financial and social media accounts. I am not sure how to go about that and am concerned about "unintended consequences" once I start changing things. For accounts I share with my wife such as banking (and then others in family such as Netfilx, Hulu, NYT, etc...) I need to be able to get them up and running once I start in on this. Again, for some reason I feel stymied about getting started and a little embarrassed that I need help :-(. 1Password doesn't really address it. They address specific things but not a general starting how to. If anyone is able and willing to point me in right direction I would be grateful. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jb60202

No need to be embarrassed. I'd recommend starting here, and letting us know if / where you get hung up:

Get started with 1Password

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• elcaballo
    elcaballo
    Community Member

Jb60202 I am in the same boat: new to 1Password, afraid of unintended consequences if I start changing things without understanding what I'm doing. I'll check out the link Ben suggested. This app is not as user friendly as I expected.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019

Please let us know how you make out with the guide, and if you have any specific questions @elcaballo. :) If you do have questions feel free to start a new thread, or email us at support@1password.com.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.