Using 1Password 7 I have lost data from a secure note twice when I change info

Options
marv2847
marv2847
Community Member

I have used 1Password for over 10 years and for some reason in PW7 I can no longer type a multiline secure note without making a new field. It is confusing and different than the many existing notes I have. Even worse, I have lost all of the data in an old note when I try to modify the note, i.e. a password. Can that data be recovered? If so I haven't found a way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Using 1Password 7 I have lost data from a secure note twice when I change info

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @marv2847,
    I have tried to modify my Secure Notes in the 1Password 7 app by clicking "Edit" and it seems to work fine.
    Can you write here about how you try to modify your notes? Also, on which devices do you use 1Password?

• marv2847
    marv2847
    Community Member
    Options

I always have to do it using edit. I think it has something to do with changing the secure notes where 1Password 7 doesn't allow multi-line notes in the first field. I also just found the restore pulldown menu so might be able to find my lost data...

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Do you mean the Secure Note name?
    I'm glad it worked out for you :)
    If you are using Mac then you have the possibility to format your notes: https://support.1password.com/markdown/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marv2847: I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The first and only field in a Secure Note is the multi-line notes field:

But if you're using a 1Password membership account, you can use item history to revert the change you made.

• marv2847
    marv2847
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the note... I do have the membership account and found the restore menu. The multi line secure note is now also working properly so it must have been operator shorted to ground... Thanks

• operator shorted to ground

I'm going to have to start using that one. Thanks! And thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.