1Password 7 safari Mojave not (auto) filling forms and not asking to save passwords

Options
TJJ
TJJ
Community Member

Just upgraded to 1Password 7 (on a new imac, as a trial for now) after using it up to version 6 for years without any issues.
Using Safari(12.1.2) with the plugin installed.
It seems double clicking on the (correctly found) password/login entry doesn't fill in the username/password on any site anymore.
I also just noticed it not asking to save a password (the one I created for this forum).
I've checked the browser checkboxes to be all checked in the main 1Password app, reinstalled the safari extension, rebooted.. nothing seems to help.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• superpeppe84
    superpeppe84
    Community Member
    Options

Me too, the same problem.
    I've used version 6 with license for 4 years, now I must upgrade to 1Password 7 on a new Mac with OSX 10.14 and Safari 12.1.12.
    I've tried all I can: uninstall, browser extension, reboot... I've also installed and old version and loaded the license: nothing seems work.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @TJJ and @superpeppe84,

Welcome to the forum to the both of you. By "trial" do you mean a 1Password membership trial? 1Password 7 does not have a trial mode in and of itself. Well, it does, but it is Read Only, meaning browser filling is disabled. If you have not either signed up for a trial membership or purchased a 1Password 7 license, browser filling won't work.

• TJJ
    TJJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Thanks for your reply, that's probably the issue then. Would be helpful to mention that more clearly (at least I've missed that entirely)...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TJJ - we do mention it in several places, including the in-app one-time pop-up all 1Password 6 for Mac users received a while ago, but I'll pass along your thoughts regarding making it more prominent.

• superpeppe84
    superpeppe84
    Community Member
    Options

So, I can't use my 1-PAssword 6 license for new 7 version?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@superpeppe84 - that's correct, unless you bought your 1Password 6 for Mac license on or after March 27 of 2018.

This discussion has been closed.