Safari 13 & my 1Password 7 is not in the Safari bar...

Options
mrstucci
mrstucci
Community Member

Hi-I just installed Safari 13 and I can't seem to get 1Password to show up in Safari's menu bar... It was there just a few minutes ago. I tried downloading the extension again from the App Store but it won't download-the progress bar just goes in circles and doesn't install. I have 1Password 7.3.2.. I am running Mojave. Is there a bug when using 1Password and Safari 13? I shut down Safari and restarted. I did not shut down my computer. Oh, it's not listed in the Extensions tab in Safari and I don't know how to get it in that window. Thank you for any help, Judy

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrstucci: It is not possible to "install" the 1Password extension in Safari; it's part of the 1Password app itself, and you'd just be trying to install 1Password again over itself in that case. Disabling and enabling the extension in Safari can help if it hasn't refreshed it after an update. Or, if Safari gets itself into a state where it isn't loading the extension at all for some reason (it sounds like that's happened in your case), restarting Safari or macOS should work.

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, brenty. I will be shutting down my Mac tonight and restarting it tomorrow so hopefully all will be well tomorrow. Judy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! Please let me know how it turns out. :)

• siorekaw
    siorekaw
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning. I also installed Safari 13 yesterday and lost the ability to use the Safari Extension. I've included screenshots of both Safari Extensions and 1Password Browser preferences. I've tried restarting Safari and rebooting macOS without success. Currently showing 7.3.2 for 1Password and v13 (14608.1.49 build) for Safari.

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same problem as described by mrstucci

• jaystar
    jaystar
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Same problem here. I installed Safari 13. I have 1Password 7.3.2. Safari shows the extension is not present. I have restarted my Mac but 1Password does not show in Safari and is not available to fill the fields in Safari.

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

Well, mine appeared this morning after having shut down overnight. It is now also listed in my Safari Preferences under Extentsions. There were other extensions there before installing Safari 13 but I don't know what they were. I guess I'll figure it out as I go along... I hope everyone will get their 1Password extension back ASAP!

• tommunch
    tommunch
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded from 1Password 6 when Safari 13 removed the extension, and I can't get the button either. Restarting the Mac didn't help. Any other ideas?

• tommunch
    tommunch
    Community Member
    Options

Wait. It was just unchecked in preferences. Weird. I'm good now.

• Hi folks,

If you are experiencing this issue after rebooting your Mac I would recommend trying these troubleshooting steps:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/524296/#Comment_524296

There were other extensions there before installing Safari 13 but I don't know what they were.

Safari 13 will only work with Safari App Extension type extensions. The older .safariextz type extensions from the Safari Extension Gallery will no longer work with this version of Safari.

Please let me know how the instructions above turn out. :)

Ben

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Still confused - 1Password 7 extension is clearly listed when I go to "more extensions" - so I installed it. why do I now have to uninstall and reinstall?

• @Heffor1

The "more extensions" option is not the proper way to install the 1Password extension, particularly if you already have the 1Password app installed. My post just above yours explains this in more detail, with instructions on how to resolve the situation.

Thanks!

Ben

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Having read the instructions, can you please confirm that dragging 1Password to trash will not delete all my data?

• I can confirm that, so long as you do not use any apps that "clean up" support files when trashing other apps (e.g. "AppZapper", "MacKeeper", etc). Additionally, if you have a 1Password membership, or are otherwise syncing your data, even the presence of such a "cleaner" should not remove all copies of your data.

Ben

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

I had to restart Safari but it seems to be working now. thanks

• Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• wookie
    wookie
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, when I try to download the extension the progress circle just keeps running (for several hours) without anything happening

• wookie
    wookie
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, when I try to download the extension the progress circle just keeps running (for several hours) without anything happening

• wookie
    wookie
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for spamming, when I looked at the post in Safari there was no replies visible only the original posts and then when I tried to reply nothing seemed to happen. Firefox showed another reality ...

• @wookie

No worries. Some content blockers may block the posts below the start of the thread. I'd recommend checking the content blocker you're using in Safari (if using one) and make sure it isn't blocking "comments."

Ben

• MargueriteM
    MargueriteM
    Community Member
    Options

How do I find my secret Key? I installed 1Password 7 and can't get it up and running??? I'm so in need of help

• MargueriteM
    MargueriteM
    Community Member
    Options

I've done all the steps to try and find my Secret Key. I can't find SetupCode. Is there a phone number I can talk to a real person?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MargueriteM - sorry for the trouble. You won't have a Secret Key unless you previously created a 1password.com account at https://my.1password.com -- did you? If not, then that won't apply to you. Telephone and "live chat" screen-sharing isn't available for 1Password technical support, but I'm happy to continue assisting you right here or via email if that's OK with you. In fact, I see you've asked this same exact set of questions of our email support team as well, so considering that details of your specific 1Password setup should be kept private, let's continue this conversation via email instead of in multiple channels simultaneously. One of us will be with you shortly via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.