Can log into 1password 7 on web but not OSX

Options
Granite Mac
Granite Mac
Community Member

Hi,

I just signed up for a 1Password 7 family (after using prior versions for 9 years without issues).

I can log in and out of my new account on the web without issues, but the 1Password 7 application on my Mac won't accept the master password that works on the web.

I tried changing my master password, and I'm still able to log in on the web without issues. Still not able to log in on OSX.

When I go into 1Password 7 on my Mac, I noticed that on the account tab, it says my account is in trial mode.

When I click on "Your 1Password account in in Trial Mode", I get an error stating:

Account Credential Missing
One or more login credentials is missing or contains only spaces. Please check that each field is correct.

Not sure if that's related or not, but welcome any suggestions.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Hi @Granite Mac

Could you please let me know if you see all of your items when logging in at https://start.1password.com/ ? If so, please try selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data from the menu bar in 1Password 7 for Mac, then logging back into your account.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• Granite Mac
    Granite Mac
    Community Member
    Options

That worked, thanks for quick response!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Ben was able to help! We're here if you need us. :)

• cskroeger
    cskroeger
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem as Granite Mac above. Have tried Ben's solution, to no avail. What next? I have been able to load up and sync 2 other macs, 2 iphones, 2 ipads with no problems...just not on my main Macbook Pro.

• cskroeger
    cskroeger
    Community Member
    Options

OK. I followed through with ALL of the instructions this time...and it worked.
    Thanks Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.