How do i get license for 1password 7 on mac?

Options
jackstark
jackstark
Community Member

Downloaded 1password 7 from app store. Wont work. I need to buy a new licenses I have a prior one from years ago. Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:howdy i get a license for 1password7 on mac?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jackstark!

Please download 1Password 7 from our website instead and you will be prompted to purchase a license if you haven't already (the Mac App Store version only supports 1Password Memberships).

Thank you!

• macNAB
    macNAB
    Community Member
    Options

I also downloaded version 7 from the App Store and want to buy a license.
    When installing from your website will it be a case of being prompted to replace the version 7 copy from the App Store and doing so?
    Should version 6 be then moved to the trash?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macNAB! Welcome to the forum!

You can drag your existing 1Password 7 install to the trash (make sure to not use any uninstaller apps or similar apps, simply drag the app to the trash) and download a fresh copy from our website.

Once you have made sure that everything is working as expected in 1Password 7, you can move 1Password 6 to the trash too :)

• ckstaley
    ckstaley
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana,
    What about the iOS app? I allowed my iPhone to automaticly update 1Password and now it's 1Password v7, which doesn't seem to allow me to use my license either. Since we can't update our iPhones from your website, how can I use 1Password 7 with my license on my iPhone?
    Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckstaley - 1Password for iOS does not require (and can't use) any kind of license; it functions as essentially a companion app to either a 1Password standalone setup for either Mac or Windows, or a 1Password account. 1Password 7 for iOS was first released in November of 2017, so it's like you've had version 7 for quite a while already without realizing it. Are you having trouble using 1Password 7 for iOS on your iPhone? If so, what's the trouble, specifically?

• ckstaley
    ckstaley
    Community Member
    Options

That's good to know how the iPhone version of 1Password7 works regarding a license and a vault. After I purchased an upgrade to 1Password 7 on my mac, I was able to navigate my iPhone to the new Vault that 1Password created for me. All is well now. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckstaley - excellent! Glad things are running smoothly now, but we're here if you need us for anything else.

This discussion has been closed.