Can't sign in: 1Password 7 wants a team address, but I have an individual account

Options
essentiae
essentiae
Community Member

I've upgraded the software on my Mac, joined the trial, and created an account, but I can't sign into my account in 1Password 7, so my account contains none of my passwords and my 1Password app on the Mac won't autofill my addresses in chrome anymore.

When I try to sign into my account in 1Password 7, it asks for team information, but I have an individual account. I've been using 1Password for years and I've just spent the last 30 minutes just trying to upgrade and get my passwords where they need to be so that I can keep using it. I'm finding this transfer extremely unintuitive and keep hitting the same roadblocks over and over.

What am I missing?

How do I sign into this individual account on the Mac version of the app so that I can merge these passwords to my account and continue using 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• essentiae
    essentiae
    Community Member
    Options

I just figured it out. Very unintuitive.

I used the sign in code, by signing into the account on my iOS version of the app instead, which revealed that the team address (or whatever it's called) is my.1password.ca. That was confusing. There was no information available to steer me in that direction when I needed it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @essentiae!

Thank you for the update! For future reference, another way to see your Sign In Address is in your Emergency Kit :)

This discussion has been closed.