Keyboard does not work when creating new logins and crashes [resolved with 7.4.2 on iOS 13.1.2]

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tribruin: Thanks so much for your answers and the diagnostics! We'll be in touch. :)

ref: YSP-65262-935

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scott_m29: I appreciate knowing that you're encountering this on iOS 13.1 beta as well, and confirming the additional details. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RobTX: That's a good observation. I don't think we've seen any crash reports yet, so we're thinking it may be iOS killing it when it becomes unresponsive. Thanks for the additional details as well!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RopDog, @cerasmuerto: Thanks for chiming in to confirm those details! We're looking into it.

And thanks to everyone for being patient while we investigate what's causing this for some folks!

• Pbustros
    Pbustros
    Community Member

Can’t create new logins but I can create other entries like Secure Notes, Identities, Passwords...
    Phone iPhone X.
    iOS 13.0
    1Password version 7.4.1

• RSporbert
    RSporbert
    Community Member

Have the same issue (and reported via Tweet earlier today). I am running iPhone Xs max on iOS 13. Same behavior as previous posts, open the app, fine. click the + button, screen opens and no input is allowed, no cursor visible, screen hangs in frozen state and then crashes. After the crash, the app is still "running" in the background and you can bring it back up and add any other entry other than a Login, as @Pbustros mentioned above. Thanks for checking into this.

• stephenwb
    stephenwb
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@brenty
    1. This is happening (a) after updating to iOS 13 on an existing device (iPhone 8 Plus)
    2. Yes, I can create any other type of item successfully
    3. Yes, if I select + New Login but do nothing else, 1Password still crashes
    4. If I create a new Login item on another device or computer, it syncs to my iOS device. (I am using native 1P syncing, not Dropbox)
    5. I haven't updated my iPad to iOS13 yet.
    6. 1P does not offer to submit a crash report when I open the app again
    7. Diagnostics report sent, I waited a few minutes before posting this but no Support ID arrived.

• bjmohr
    bjmohr
    Community Member

Same for me on iPhone X 13.1 and 1password 7.4.1

App crashes when attempting to create a new login item... yikes!

• glecko
    glecko
    Community Member

Did you experience this (a) only after updating to iOS 13 on an existing device, (b) on a new device after restoring from a it from a backup, (c) a new device setup from scratch, or (d) [something I haven't thought of]?
    A

Can you create any other types of items (i.e. non-Login) successfully?
    Yes, I was able to create a Secure Note, have not tried any other objects

If you select + New Login but do nothing else does 1Password still crash for you?
    I'm too impatient to let the app crash, I canceled it every time.

If you create a new Login item on another device or computer in your Dropbox vault does it sync to your iOS device?_
    Have not tried yet.

Is anyone experiencing this on an iPad, not just an iPhone?
    Have not tried on my iPad.

Did you submit a crash report the next time you opened 1Password?
    Never let it crash (but I will submit if I let it crash).

_Will you send us a diagnostics report and post the Support ID you receive here?
    RKC-78982-176

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member

As described in title.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 13.1
    Sync Type: iPassword Families

• loscarweb
    loscarweb
    Community Member

@brenty

thanks for the efforts trying to get this solved.

Just one thing that is puzzling my mind.

"And thanks to everyone for being patient while we investigate what's causing this for some folks!"

Does it mean that some folks do not have the problem?
    Yourself, for instance, you cannot replicate the issue? none of you at the office have this problem with IOS13.1 and 7.4.1? You can create new logins from your iPhones?

thanks

• sgdossey
    sgdossey
    Community Member

Same issue here. Iphone Xs Max ios 13.1 . 1password 7.4.1
    Can't create new login but can create new entries other than that.

• Thank you for the additional reports, folks.

@loscarweb

Does it mean that some folks do not have the problem?

Correct.

Yourself, for instance, you cannot replicate the issue?

Correct. I do not experience this issue on my iPhone.

none of you at the office have this problem with IOS13.1 and 7.4.1? You can create new logins from your iPhones?

I can't speak for everyone "here" (I don't work out of our Toronto office), but I can create new logins from my iPhone, yes.

Ben

• SweetGenius
    SweetGenius
    Community Member

Same as the others. Cant create new login but can create other items.
    (2) iPhone XS
    IOS 13.1 Official Release
    App Version 7.4.1
    Works as expected on iPad with IOS 13.1

• loscarweb
    loscarweb
    Community Member

@Ben
    thanks for answer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a solution....I guess it is harder if it happens only to a few folks...

• trh98
    trh98
    Community Member

I can confirm that I still have the same problem after upgrading from iOS 13.0 to iOS 13.1.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@trh98: Thanks for the update -- though I wish it was good news! No problem here on iOS 13.0, but now I'm curious if I start having trouble after the update to 13.1 finishes for me in a bit...

Edit: No change after updating to iOS 13.1.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stephenwb: Thank you! I've located the diagnostics you sent, and will follow up with you there if we need anything else.

ref: LHY-78976-669

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@glecko: Thanks! I've also got the diagnostics you sent, and will follow up with you there if we need anything else.

ref: RKC-78982-176

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

@Pbustros, @RSporbert, @SweetGenius, @bjmohr, @sgdossey: Thanks for chiming in! That's in line with what others are reporting. I'm sorry for the trouble. We'll follow up here with any updates.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4226

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty . I should note that uninstall and reinstall had the same results. I’m on an iPhone XS Max.

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member

My 1Password doesn’t crash, but I end up stuck on the “New Login” screen: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107380/unable-to-click-anywhere-inside-new-login-screen.

• peterbladen
    peterbladen
    Community Member

I upgraded to iOS 13.1 on my iPhone X and now i cannot create any new password completely locks up app

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@peterbladen: I'm sorry for the trouble. It sounds like you're encountering an issue with 1Password on your iPhone, so I'll merge your post with the existing discussion on that topic in the iOS category, instead of under Apple Watch. We'll share any updated information as it becomes available. Did you have this issue with iOS 13.0 as well?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jareha: Do you mean it will just stay that way indefinitely if you don't manually quit the app?

• peterbladen
    peterbladen
    Community Member

Correct, every option on the screen is locked up have to force close it. This also happens on another iPhone X I have so not unique to my phone, happens when I press + and choose login

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@peterbladen: Thanks for confirming! Most folks having problems creating new Logins have reported that it closes on its own, so that's an interesting data point.

• peterbladen
    peterbladen
    Community Member

It only seems to be if I choose login , notes is ok and it’s every time

• tomghc
    tomghc
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

If I am trying to create a new login via the autofill journey (i.e. I am on a website in Safari, tap on a login form, tap on 'Passwords' when the keyboard comes up, select 1Password, authenticate, and select create login) then the keyboard appears but 1Password crashes almost immediately.

If I am trying to create a new login by opening the 1Password app separately and tapping the '+' button, the keyboard appears and the app hangs until I fore close it.

This is on iOS 13, iPhone 7 Plus

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member

@brenty Correct.

This discussion has been closed.