Autofill button does not appear

Options
emsko
emsko
Community Member

I just upgraded from 1Password version 6 to version 7.3.2. A nightmare so far. I am using Safari version 13.0 and macOS 10.14.6. The 1Password icon appears on the Safari toolbar and I selected enable. There is no autofill button when I click on the iPassword toolbar icon to log in to a site. The site login info appears but no autofill. I have to copy and paste the username and password by hand. I have tried uninstalling 1Password completely and reinstalling. Tried rebooting. Did not help. Do I need a membership for autofill to work? Tried to get a membership but the button would not work in the set up routine so I skipped it. Thanks for your help. Marvin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill button does not appear

Comments

• emsko
    emsko
    Community Member
    Options

Also tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling. Did not help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emsko!

In order to use 1Password 7 and unlock all its features (including filling in browsers), you need either a Membership or a license for 1Password 7.

If you want to create a membership, you can signup for one in the browser and then add it to the 1Password app to unlock it :)

• emsko
    emsko
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That did the trick. Much appreciated.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @emsko! I am happy that I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• curtwilliams
    curtwilliams
    Community Member
    Options

It should really be easier to figure out that the AutoFill button is missing from browser extensions because I needed to login to my 1Password account. I should be able to search for "1password autofill button missing" and get a quick answer of "login to your account".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @curtwilliams :+1:

This discussion has been closed.