To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Error while creating new membership account during upgrade

MarcNorman
MarcNorman
Community Member

I am trying to upgrade from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7. With 1Password 6 I purchased the app through AgileBits not the App Store and did not have a 1Password account. I downloaded 1Password 7 from the App Store. It seems to have converted my data. When I tried to create a new 1Password membership/account, after entering and confirming my new master password I got an error message stating that I needed to check my internet connection. Then I received an email a couple minutes later stating that my "account was ready to go", even though I didn't seem to complete the account creation process. I can't log in so I can't get my 'secret key'. My data is all marked 'read-only', so I can't add or change anything. I tried to use the "Having trouble signing in" page and got an email stating that no account was found for my email address. I then tried to re-create my account but that failed because the email address was already used.

I've been using 1Password for years, syncing through Dropbox. I'm trying to upgrade to 1Password 7 with the membership & subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MarcNorman! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

ref: EQV-68722-829

This discussion has been closed.