1Password 7 problem

kwoffa
kwoffa
Community Member

Hello.

Apple just kindly upgraded me to Safari 13 and, as I was happily using 1Password 6, I lost my Safari Extension.

So I upgraded to 1Password 7, which means I now have to pay you £6.49 every month, about which I am not happy but snookered.

But the thing that 1Password 6 used to do for me faultlessly every day was fill in my online banking log-in details. 1Password 7 does not seem to do that any more. So I am paying an unwanted subscription for something that doesn't work as well as what I had before.

Really not happy about that.

My bank, Santander, requires a 'passcode' and 'registration number' to be filled in at each log-in. As I say, 1Password 6 filled them in flawlessly, but 1Password 7 only fills in the 'registration number', which it does from the password field, and not my 'passcode'. Having to remember my passcode rather defeats the object of having 1Password at all, so I hope there is some way of customizing '7 to fill in both parts.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• kwoffa
    kwoffa
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I thought of something... What if I deleted the 1Password login for my bank, and then logged into the bank website manually.

In version 6 and previously, logging into a website manually generated a 1Password dialog box asking if it should save as a new login or update an existing one.

So I did that, but no 1Password dialog box popped up... Definitely unimpressed with this now.

• kwoffa
    kwoffa
    Community Member

AND... When I try to add the account that I just agreed to pay £6.49 monthly on my second Mac, the thing won't accept my details.

I have meticulously typed in my 'sign-in address', (https://my.1password.com), my email address, my 'secret key' from the .pdf I saved and the master password that works every time I click on the 1Password icon. Nothing in there is in any way wrong, but I just get the message 'Invalid Login Information'.

I am now getting seriously annoyed with AgileBits.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@kwoffa: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the trouble, and also the delay getting back to you.

To clarify, in case it helps you or anyone else, 1Password will only offer to save login credentials which (a) it does not already have and (b) when they've been entered and submitted in a standard login form. I don't know the specifics since you didn't include a URL or other details, but I think one or both of those may be where you're running into trouble. It's certainly possible that there's a bug or something worth improving with regard to that specific site though, as sometimes changes we make to help with some can hurt with others. So if you'll let me know the specifics I'll be happy to investigate.

Regarding the account issue, we can't discuss account details here in a public forum. But, from your description, I wonder if it's the Master Password that's throwing you off. If you've got the app setup with a Primary (local) vault, which is probably the case since it sounds like you haven't yet set it up with your account, that may be a different Master Password. The account will require the Master Password you setup for it when signing up; the app will require the Master Password of the first/vault account you have setup in it. So please try any Master Password you might have used -- for example, you'd be able to sign into your account on the website with the Master Password you setup for it, and that's the one you should use when signing into the account in the app as well.

Anyway, it looks like Corey has already been assisting you via email, but please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

• kwoffa
    kwoffa
    Community Member

Ahh...

Thanks for replying to my post brenty. Water, as they say, has passed under the bridge since then, and I'd rather forgotten about having posted it... Embarrassing...

As I wasn't getting any response to the post I sent an email to support@1passord.com for some help. And this led to me receiving absolutely super personal guidance, advice and tips from a lady there called Corey. (A Green Support Ranger, whatever that is), as you have spotted.

The account issue was indeed the master password, which I'd assumed was the master password I'd been using to launch version 6, and I'd no record of what my membership/account password had been back last year. And Corey steered me through setting up a single-user account and how to get 1Password to correctly fill in my bank login.

So I have been happily using the app for the last fortnight or so.

I should have remembered the loose end that was my post would still be flapping in the cyber breeze, and I should have gone back to it to explain how I had been helped by Corey, and save you the trouble of replying to it. Sorry.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kwoffa: I apologize for dredging this up! I wanted to make sure to get back to anyone that had been overlooked recently with things being busier. You should not be embarrassed at all, but rather I am embarrassed for not getting back to you sooner. I'm really sorry that you ran into some trouble in the first place, but glad that Corey was able to help you out in the mean time. It's no trouble at all for me to follow up here, and you shouldn't have to. I'd rather do it just to be 100% certain that you're all set, so thanks for your understanding with all of this. <3

This discussion has been closed.