Trying to set up a new computer. Need help.

Options
jenjudson
jenjudson
Community Member

Current computer has a licensed 1Password 6 (Purchased in 2015). That was an upgrade from 1Password 3 with license purchased in 2013. I have the 2013 license number, but have not found any documentation with the license from 2015.
I have exported all the data. But I'm just not sure how to download the software on my new mac, only thing I'm finding is 1Password 7 and can't figure out how to apply the license number, or if it will take the number I have.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: only have it on my computer
Referrer: forum-search:Need to set up new computer with 1Password 6. I have a license. Need assistance.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jenjudson! Welcome to the forum!

You can download 1Password 6 for Mac from here :)

With regards to the license for version 6, you should have received an email when you purchased the upgrade for it back in 2015. Are you having issues finding the license, or are you just looking for instructions on how to apply it to 1Password 6 after installing the app on the new Mac?

• jenjudson
    jenjudson
    Community Member
    Options

I think both. I can't locate an email from 2015 to know if it's different from my license in 2013 AND instructions on how to apply it to 1Password 6. I thank you for the 1Password 6 link. I now have it up and running and it says I am licensed, although I don't know how because I did not put it in.

But it's 1Password is not functioning as it did on the other computer. When I update a website I have to do everything manually. It does not seem to know that I'm updating something. When I create a login for something new it does not ask if I want to add that to the vault, I have to do it all manually.

I've looked through the preferences and there's nothing I'm seeing that would indicate to me an incorrect setting. Is that something you can help me with.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jenhudson - if you purchased two licenses for different versions two years apart, then yes, those will be different. :) However, if you're also having difficulties setting up 1Password generally, then I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your Macs.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#HMX-83191-387]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jenjudson only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: HMX-83191-387

This discussion has been closed.