To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Standalone license and upgrade

miffysmate
miffysmate
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Memberships

I have been using standalone licence 1Password for years across my devices by synching via Dropbox. I have just upgraded Safari, which intern has updated to 1Password7 and now it says I need a secret key to login, which I obviously don't have due to purchasing the software years ago, but then it says i shouldn't need to login if I have don't have a secret key.

I am now without access to my passwords on my MacBook which is not good and don't know how to move on from this situation as it is so confusing.

Please can someone help by explaining what I should do to gain access and synch across my devices once again.

Many thanks in anticipation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@miffysmate 1Password V.7 is a paid upgrade. Either buy a new license or start a new subscription. License=$50 for now. Your old V6 has been zipped into your Applications folder. Unzip it, fully quit 1Password 7, drag it to the trash, restart, launch V6 and you should be back in business (without an extension for Safari, of course.) While you're here, check out the info at the link at the top of this page that says 1Password.com. Pretty much all you need to know it there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @miffysmate!

vplewis did a great job explaining the situation, I don't think there is anything else I can add to that (thank you for the assist @vplewis!)

Please let us know if you have any further questions though :)

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member

Thank you for your replies. I am a bit disappointed that I paid for something that is no longer usable via a keyboard shortcut.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@miffysmate: Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry for the confusion. It sounds like you're just in "read only" mode in 1Password 7, not having an active membership or valid license for it. Filling definitely works, and I love the keyboard shortcut -- ⌘ \ -- myself, but that and all the rest of 1Password's functionality are only available by paying for it, as mentioned above. A 1Password membership gets you all the apps and updates, without the need to purchase and manage licenses for different versions, or configure sync on each device. If you need help getting setup, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.