How to use vaults with1Password for individuals

Options
tejasdave
tejasdave
Community Member

I am running 1Password 7 individual (not a family) on two macs.

One Mac is for daily use and has 1Password entries for forums, Amazon, health care …. The other Mac is for very occasional use and is dedicated for financial transactions and has entries for a few common logons between the two machines - apple, network, … and for less than ten logons such as for banks, mutual funds …. I would like to have separate vaults.

Would you please explain how best to do that.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: don't know

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tejasdave! Welcome to the forum!

I would like to have separate vaults.

From what you wrote, it looks like the two 1Password apps already have different data, and therefore two different vaults. Can you please elaborate on your setup a little bit more?

• tejasdave
    tejasdave
    Community Member
    Options

I have just recently upgraded to 1Password 7 on both Macs, successfully only due to this forum and also perhaps serendipity.

On the daily use Mac there is one vault named Personal. There is no apparent access to the occasional use entries on the daily use machine.

On the occasional use Mac there are two vaults, one named Primary which has the occasional use entries, and one named Personal which has the entries for the daily use machine.

On 1password.com there is a Personal vault that contains the entries for the daily use Mac and an All Vaults that contains the same entries — no entries for the occasional use Mac — and no vault corresponding to the Primary vault on the occasional use machine, This is true even logging on to 1Password.com on the occasional use Mac.

From 1Password.com I created two new vaults, named Mac and AirMac but have populated neither. Both vaults appear on the daily use Mac. Neither appear on the occasional use Mac.

These anomalies do not seem proper.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tejasdave - thanks for the clarification. If you have a vault named "Personal," then (unless you named it that yourself), that means you've opened a 1password.com membership/account on that Mac. I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction, so to get a better idea of exactly what's where on both Macs,I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#YHF-85765-385]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

@tejasdave only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: YHF-85765-385

• tejasdave
    tejasdave
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars. I have sent the report. However, you can close this thread. I have given up for now on 1P7 and reverted to 1P6 on Chrome for both Macs -- not all that easy but again thanks to these forumes. I might come back to 1P7 after a few months.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tejasdave - that's fine -- with a caveat: we can't recommend sticking with (or reverting to) an older version of 1Password that's no longer receiving development attention. It's just not a viable strategy for the long term. I'd be happy to help walk you through any difficulties you might be experiencing, and I have no doubt we can get you up and running successfully on 1Password 7 for Mac. Just let us know.

• tejasdave
    tejasdave
    Community Member
    Options

I agree, and that is why I initially decided to upgrade. I intend to wait a while and then probably get a standalone license upgrade.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tejasdave - sounds good. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.