How to make 1Password Mini suggest a particular item for an app?

Options
jpallas
jpallas
Community Member

I really want my bank login to come up as suggested if I'm in Quicken when I activate 1Password Mini, because I need to enter that password for online banking. The Getting Started page says

After you open 1Password mini, you’ll see all your items. If 1Password mini detects an app or website, you’ll see suggestions instead.

I can't find anything about how to make an item be suggested for an application. Can I make it detect Quicken and suggest the items I want?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mini suggestion

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jpallas!

I can't find anything about how to make an item be suggested for an application. Can I make it detect Quicken and suggest the items I want?

You cannot "force" an item to be suggested, so to say. 1Password will show you relevant items automatically based on the app you are in. So when you are inside Quicken, I would expect 1Password mini to suggest you your Quicken account.

You could add the same URL that you use for your Quicken account to your bank entry in 1Password. This should make 1Password mini suggest your bank account too, but please know that this has security implications: if you do this, 1Password will always offer you to fill your bank details in the Quicken app and the Quicken website (and viceversa), and I personally don't recommend doing it.

• jpallas
    jpallas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response, @ag_ana. Can you share anything about how 1Password mini decides an item is "relevant" for an application? I do have a login item associated with https://signin.quicken.com, but when Quicken is the active application, I don't get any suggestions in 1Password mini, not even that one.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jpallas - 1Password 7 for Mac works this magic first because Apple is now allowing us to do so. But in terms of the mechanics of it, we need the Bundle ID. Looks like we need to add the one for Quicken. I'll file an internal issue here for it, so thanks for letting us know. To be clear, we're not allowed (yet) to fill into apps directly...but that probably will not be long in coming (hopefully). :)

• jpallas
    jpallas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Lars. I'm okay with having to do copy/paste, but getting the suggestion to come up will be a big convenience.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jpallas - oh, definitely! Thanks for giving us the heads-up on this one.

This discussion has been closed.