1Password 7 not filling

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to add Safari Extension.

Comments

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

Rats, just upgraded to Safari 13.0, 1Password doesn't work. Downloaded 1Password 7, it doesn't work either. Afraid I'm going to lose all my passwords. Where can I go for concise instructions?
    Thanks a lot Apple!

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

1Password 7 just started sort of working, but it won't fill forms. 1Password 6 still installed, but inop. Need concise instructions but all I can find is troubleshooting problem discussions. I need to first make sure it's properly installed and set up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ras!

Have you purchased a license for 1Password 7, or activated a 1Password Membership already? If the app is working but is not filling in browsers, typically this is the behavior of 1Password running in unlicensed mode.

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

No, 6 just stopped working, no warning, no suggestions. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try that. I'm not impressed with 1Password and Apple for not warning me, as I didn't have to upgrade to Safari 13.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ras:

You might know this already, but I'd like to mention this just in case: 1Password 6 still works with Firefox and Chrome, if you want to keep using it for a while until you get the upgrade to 1Password 7 sorted out.

I know it doesn't directly solve the Safari issue, but I hope at least it will make the process a bit more pleasant.

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, was just looking at where to purchase license, so far, no luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ras:

If you download 1Password 7 from our website, you should see a prompt to purchase a license right after installing the app.

If you don't see a way to purchase a license from within the app, make sure you didn't download 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store, as that version only supports 1Password Memberships instead, so you cannot purchase or apply a license there.

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

I did download 7, but don't know where from. How do I tell? I'll start all over from your link. I don't want to get involved with Apple, don't need the grief!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ras:

A quick way to see where you downloaded 1Password 7 is by opening the app and looking at the name that appears in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If the app is named 1Password 7, it means that you downloaded it from our website. If it's named just 1Password instead (without a number), it means that it's the Mac App Store version ;)

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome :) :+1: And please keep us posted!

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

Not getting anywhere, it's asking for a sign in address, secret key, etc. Should I just start a new account?

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

If I open a new account, will it sync with dropbox? Getting desperate here. What other problems will I have (other than Apple)?

I have to assume that I have no secret key available to me, and am unable to sign in to 1Pass.

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

I can't download 1Pass 6 to Chrome because I don't have a secret key to sign in to my account, and I can't get a license for 1Pass 7 for the same reason. Catch 22.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ras - a Secret Key is part of a 1password.com membership/account. Do you have one -- have you ever created one? Or do you have standalone 1Password data, synced via iCloud or Dropbox or WLAN? If you've never visited the main 1Password sign-up page and created a 1Password account...then you don't have one.

Can I ask: what did you discover regarding which version of 1Password 7 for Mac you have installed? Do you have our version or the Mac App Store version (using ag_ana's instructions to check)? If you have the Mac App Store version, you'll need to delete that one and install our version, as only our version allows you to purchase a standalone license. Here's specific instructions:

1. Check 1Password > About to find out which version you have. If it's the Mac App Store version, then continue with these steps
    2. Quit all running browsers.
    3. Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).
    4. Delete the 1Password 7 app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app from your Applications folder to your Mac's Trash, then empty the Trash.
    5. Visit our downloads page and grab a copy of the 1Password 7 for Mac installer from there. Run the installer.
    6. When you re-open 1Password, it will be the same as before, but if you click the Read Only badge on any of your items in the main 1Password window and get the Purchase Options screen with an option to purchase a license ("Need a license? We have those too."). Click this, you'll be taken to our FastSpring store, where you'll be able to purchase a license.

Let me know how that goes for you.

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

Here it is,

1Password 7
    Version 7.3.3.BETA-2 (70303002)
    1Password Beta

I sync through Dropbox.

I'll try clicking the Read Only badge.

• ras
    ras
    Community Member
    Options

OK, it's working now, purchased a stand alone license. I did a lot of research on Safari 13, Apple got me anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like you should be all set then, using 1Password 7 with its Safari App Extension we developed last year when Apple announced they were phasing out the old extensions. But we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.