Questions about filling

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: After updating to version 7 I don't have full functionality. What to do?.

Comments

• truckster
    truckster
    Community Member
    Options

You only answered one part of his question. I have the same problem with full functionality with the free trial. When I visit a site that needs to be logged into I have to either scroll down to the login information in the 1Pass dropdown menu or type in a couple letters to get there in search, then I have to click on the fill button and then the login button on the webpage. A lot of extra steps I didn't have to do before. I like1Pass and would like to keep using it but this is not going to work for me. I have tried the shut down and restart and that didn't work. 2017 MacBook Air OS 10.14.6 1Pass ver.7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @truckster!

I have split your comment into its own discussion since your issue is different from the one discussed in the other post (that one was related to an unlicensed app, while in your case if you are using the free trial, the issue is different).

When I visit a site that needs to be logged into I have to either scroll down to the login information in the 1Pass dropdown menu or type in a couple letters to get there in search, then I have to click on the fill button and then the login button on the webpage.

When you click on the 1Password browser extension while you are on a website, can you make sure that the dropdown menu there is set to Suggestions? Like this:

If the extension is configured this way, the correct login items will be at the top of the list automatically without you having to search for them :)

• truckster
    truckster
    Community Member
    Options

OK ... figured that out with your help ... seems that it reverts back to "all items" after I leave the page. Still stuck with the extra clicks. Any way to keep it on suggestions full time? Still doesn't log in. Will 1Pass7 work like 1Pass6 when I pay after the free trial or is this some new "safety" routine built into the program? Thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@truckster - no, not a "safety routine." There's a new panel in 1Password 7 for Mac's Preferences -- click 1Password > Preferences > Mini and you can set what it opens to there -- your choices are Suggestions, All Items, or Favorites.

• truckster
    truckster
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help. Got it! I can live with having to click on login buttons.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@truckster - glad I was able to assist. Let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.