Safari - black key icon showing duplicate entries

Options
reck
reck
Community Member

I have three Spotify logins saved in 1Password but when I go to login to Spotify using Safari and click the little black key icon to select the correct password I’m seeing duplicate entries for two of the logins.

If I search 1Password for Spotify only the correct three entries show up so I’m not sure where these duplicates are showing up from?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

So with the two accounts that have duplicate logins listed I’ve tried logging in with both of them to see if they actually contain the same details. One of the logins is correct and logs in fine, the second bizarrely fills in details from one of the other accounts, well at least the username is from one of the other accounts, I obviously can’t see what the password is.

I’ve checked the 3 Spotify accounts in 1Password and all looks fine there and have the correct details. If I login to Spotify and drag and drop the username/password from 1Password they all login fine, it’s just an issue when trying to use Safari to login.

Thanks

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Further information.

Just deleted the login that had duplicate entries showing in Safari into the trash inside 1Password. Now the black Safari key is just showing one login which is the one that’s entering incorrect details when logging in.

The login says

user@gmail.com
    For Spotify.com - 1Password

Just trying to think what might have caused this. I had a single Spotify account in 1Password that I duplicated and then changed the username/password for the new account, then duplicated again to crest the 3rd account.

Could there by a bug when you duplicate account in 1Password that’s making two logins for the same account show up in Safari?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

@reck: iOS Password Autofill sometimes caches stale data. I don't think it's anything you could have done. It just seems to happen occasionally. The only solution we're aware of is to disable Autofill for 1Password and enable it again, since 1Password will only send it the current information.

However,

Could there by a bug when you duplicate account in 1Password that’s making two logins for the same account show up in Safari?

I may be misunderstanding you, but if you've duplicated an item in 1Password, thus making two, they should both show up in both 1Password and iOS Password Autofill.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Disabling autofill has fixed the problem and removed all the stale accounts. Thanks.

• Glad to hear that worked out @reck. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.