Option greyed out: Lock when main window is closed

Options
leo_agile
leo_agile
Community Member

Hi,

I really like that on my windows computer, I can remain logged into 1password even when closing it. For some reason this doesn't happen on my mac: it locks the second I close it, so I'm constantly typing my master password in. I see in Preferences > Security, there is a checkbox option for "Lock when main window is closed" but this is greyed out, so I can't enable/disable this option. Do you have any suggestions for how we can investigate/remedy this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leo_agile - sorry for the inconvenience; you certainly should be able to do the same thing in 1Password for Mac that you can in 1Password for Windows. Can you please check what the settings for "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" are in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers? Also, is it the "when main window is closed" box checked or unchecked currently?

• leo_agile
    leo_agile
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, I think it was the lack of keeping 1Password Extension Helper that was doing it. I think I’m all set now, thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leo_agile - fantastic! Glad I was able to help. :)

• bloodflower
    bloodflower
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, on 1password7 on my macbook, the "Lock when main window is closed" is greyed out. I'd like to be able to check the box (it is currently unchecked). I can toggle it fine on my iMac.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@bloodflower Unlock 1Password first, then try to change your prefs. hth

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bloodflower:

Indeed, please make sure that 1Password is unlocked to make the preferences editable (thank you for the assist vplewis!)

This discussion has been closed.