1Password7 installation

Options
PghArtist
PghArtist
Community Member

It seems that 1Password7 now requires a monthly fee? I don't want a monthly fee. What are my options? Also, the Safari extension doesn't work either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6 (18G95)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 seems to be a lockout app unless you pay a monthly fee?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PghArtist: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You posted in the iOS category of the forum but seem to be referring to the Mac, so I've moved you to that category instead. You can get 1Password for Mac version 7 (introduced last year, compatible with the latest Safari and macOS releases) as part of a 1Password membership, since that includes all the apps and updates; or purchase a license specifically for that version within the app; or continue using whichever version you purchased previously with a compatible browser/OS. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• PghArtist
    PghArtist
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, you didn’t really answer my question. 1Password used to work on all of my Apple devices without any monthly fees. I am not interested in paying a monthly fee. Do I have to find a new product that doesn’t charge a monthly fee, or does 1Password have a product without a monthly fee?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry, you didn’t really answer my question. 1Password used to work on all of my Apple devices without any monthly fees. I am not interested in paying a monthly fee. Do I have to find a new product that doesn’t charge a monthly fee, or does 1Password have a product without a monthly fee?

@PghArtist: I did answer your question(s), but I'm happy to clarify. :)

It seems that 1Password7 now requires a monthly fee? I don't want a monthly fee. What are my options?

I answered above:

You can get 1Password for Mac version 7 (introduced last year, compatible with the latest Safari and macOS releases) as part of a 1Password membership, since that includes all the apps and updates; or purchase a license specifically for that version within the app; or continue using whichever version you purchased previously with a compatible browser/OS.

Those last two options do not involve a monthly fee. But you can also pay for the first option -- membership -- annually and save 20%, if you prefer that.

So, to answer your latest question(s) directly,

Do I have to find a new product that doesn’t charge a monthly fee, or does 1Password have a product without a monthly fee?

It does. Please see above.

Just keep in mind that without a 1Password membership, you would need to purchase each version separately, as was the case before we introduced memberships.

This discussion has been closed.