How do I add a website to my vault?

Options
janetbxyz
janetbxyz
Community Member

Mac, Mac OS Sierra, 10.12.6 1Password 7, version 7.3.2
Trying to add MyHumana to my 1P vault. But the only way I know to do that is when you log into the site, 1P pops up with a dialog box asking if I want to save the login. Only on the MyHumana site, no 1P dialog box. So how do I add the website to my vault so I can generate a good password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want to add a new website to my vault, but can't

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @janetbxyz! If you're having trouble saving a Login item in the usual way, please try saving it manually. This process is even more accurate (though requires more input from you). Let me know how it goes!

On another note, I see you're still using macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”) -- and you have 1Password 7 for Mac installed. With the imminent release of macOS 10.15 ("Catalina"), Sierra will be three full versions of macOS out of date, and if it's at all possible, you should update to the current version. At present, for version 7 of 1Password for Mac, Sierra is the oldest version we support -- and there are already incompatibilities with it. If you continue upgrading 1Password, you may find the experience much smoother and more trouble-free if you also update macOS. To my knowledge, there aren't any Macs that are hardware-limited to Sierra. The previous version, OS X 10.11 (“El Capitan") left a few people unable to upgrade any further, but if you can run Sierra on your Mac, you should be able to run macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) and probably even Mojave.

• janetbxyz
    janetbxyz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That was very helpful. I did have a bit of a glitch following the instructions. I was opening 1P from the dock, and so that didn't give me the gear symbol. and then I had to click on the 1P icon at the top of my screen to find the place to generate a new password. I got it figured now, and wrote down my own instructions for reference.

As for my OS, yes, I am aware it's time to upgrade. I need to first upgrade my hardware. (I have a Mac mini, late 2012). I appreciate the time you took to explain that fully. I hope to do that fairly soon, as I have other programs which also will benefit from the upgrade (Sibelius and Dorico - music notation programs.)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@janetbxyz - sounds good! Glad I was able to assist, and let us know if there's anything else we can assist with. :)

This discussion has been closed.