Filling credentials in 1password request doesn't activate touchid

Options
mickael
mickael
Community Member

Hi,

I noticed the following annoying behavior of the 1password application.

1. You are not authenticated over the 1password application and have touchid enabled
  2. You open a website in safari for example
  3. You click on passwords
  4. 1password shows up and asks for your credentials to grab the password
  5. you fill the 1password credentials
  6. your website password is retrieven

At this step everything works as expected.

However, if I want to login into another website in safari, I expect 1password to have enabled the touchid support as I filled my 1password credentials previously.

This is not the case, and 1password will ask me to give my 1password credentials every time until I open directly the 1password application and use my credentials there.

So, that would be great if the touch id support could be enabled directly, wether we fill our 1password credentials in the application directly or in a password prompt request in safari.

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mickael

At present it isn't possible for the AutoFill extension to enable Touch ID in 1Password. To do so you'd need to launch the main 1Password app and unlock using your Master Password. From then on, until the next device reboot or Touch ID timeout, you should be able to unlock the AutoFill extension with Touch ID. Hopefully in the future it will be possible for the extension to do this itself, but at the moment the technology isn't there.

Ben

• mickael
    mickael
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, it works when I unlock the application before using safari, but that just not the most intuitive path ;)

I wasn't aware it was an API limitation, thanks.

• but that just not the most intuitive path ;)

Agreed.

I wasn't aware it was an API limitation, thanks.

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.