Vault Question

Options
alapshah
alapshah
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Mac

I signed up for 1Password using web browser. I imported all my Firefox passwords from work laptop to my 1Password account using web brower.

My personal macbook also had a lot of saved passwords. So I copied all passwords from macbook into 1PIF format and using safari extension (1Password 7) I imported the 1PIF file into a new vault.

Problem - the vault I created using web browser is not visible in 1Password 7 extension and the vault I created for macbook logins on 1Password 7 extension is not visible on web browser.

Note: I also downloaded a 1Password app on my iphone and when I login I see the vault that I created on web browser (All firefox login password).

What I want: I want to make sure I see all the vaults in all the locations i.e. 1. Firefox vault and macbook vault across all platforms like 1Password 7 extension, 1Password app on iphone and 1Password.com website using firefox, chrome or internet explorer.

Please help on how I can do that.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6 (18G95)
Sync Type: 1Password web and 1 Password Extension

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alapshah - that sounds very much as if you created a standalone vault in 1Password 7 for Mac and created another vault in a 1password.com account. If you click 1Password > Preferences > Vaults, what do you see? How many vaults, and what are their names?

• alapshah
    alapshah
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars

From 1Password extension I see 2 vaults. One is primary and other is the Apple logins that I created for Macbook passwords. And in 1PAssword.com website I again see 2 vaults. One is personal vault (default vault for storing items) and other is my vault for firefox logins.

Question - How do I know if these are standalone vaults? And if by mistake I created standalone vaults how do I change them so that they can be seen across all platforms?

• Okay, that does indicate that you have standalone vaults. In 1Password > Preferences > Vaults you'll see membership vaults listed beneath (indented) the account they are part of. For example, my Personal, Ben's Archive, Family Shared, and Test vaults are part of my Woodruff Family membership:

"Primary" is definitely a standalone vault. I'd recommend re-creating any standalone vaults that you want to keep at https://my.1password.com/ and then move the contents of those standalone vaults into the newly created membership vaults:

Move and copy items

Once complete you can delete the standalone vaults (the Primary vault has to be deleted last). Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• alapshah
    alapshah
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

Thank you for the quick response. And here is one more (stupid) question from me - How do I create a membership vault? When creating a vault I dont see any option to select whether it is membership or standalone...

I recently signed up for 1Password and my full membership will start after 30 day trial period is over. So is that the reason I can't see membership vault and it keeps creating standalone vault?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alapshah - you can create vaults within your 1Password account either in a browser at https://my.1password.com (just click "new vault" at the top left of the window), or within 1Password 7 for Mac itself (File > New Vault). If you've got a 1Password account signed into 1Password for Mac, you should be able to create standalone vaults and 1Password account vaults. Let us know if you have any troubles.

• alapshah
    alapshah
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars

Thats how I created my vaults. Both times (my.1password.com and 1Password 7) vaults were created as standalone. As I mentioned in my previous post there was no option for me to select whether I want it as standalone or account vaults. Can I see any screenshot of the page where I have to select a standalone vault or account vault?

Please see the screenshot of what i see while creating vault.

this screenshot is from 1Password 7 from safari on mac

this screenshot is from 1password.com

Please let me know what wrong I am doing in creating vaults.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019
    Options

@alapshah

The top screenshot is indeed creating a standalone vault. The bottom screenshot is creating a membership vault. That's the correct route here. Sorry for the confusion.

Ben

• alapshah
    alapshah
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

Ok so I deleted the vault from 1Password for Mac. The vault in 1Password.com was creating using bottom screenshot which means it is a membership vault. Now how do I see the vault I created in 1Password.com on 1Password for Mac. At this time 1Password for Mac is all empty. See screenshot below.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alapshah - If your 1Password account vault is empty - and it sure looks that way from the screenshot you sent - and you can still see the Firefox-imported logins in the vault on your phone, there are only a few possibilities:

1. You actually imported them into a standalone vault, which is what you're seeing on your phone
    2. In the process of setting up accounts, you created two separate accounts, and you're signed into different accounts on your Mac and your iPhone
    3. One (or both) of your devices has not yet synced.

It's just not possible for you to see a vault full of information on one device and nothing on another, without one of those things being the case. Check your phone's vaults -- tap Settings > Vaults and see what the number/names of vaults there are. Let us know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.