Syncing problem after iOS 1Pwd Update

Options
romad
romad
Community Member

Not sure if this belongs in the Mac or iOS area.

I just updated my iPhone 10 and my iPad 5 (both w. iOS 12.4.1) with 1Pwd iOS 7.4.1 and now syncing doesn't seem to work. I tap "Sync Now" on the iDevice and I'm told it is syncing but 15 - 20 minutes later it is still saying "Syncing..."
Here is a screenshot after 20 minutes:

I've tried shutting down and relaunching the applications without result. Any idea as to the problem?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @romad - can I ask you to check whether syncing actually IS working or if it's just the display in 1Password > Preferences > Sync? We do have a bug where that display can fail to update. Try this: on each device, create a new Secure Note. Give each one a unique and easily-identifiable name, such as "From Mac" and "From iPad." Wait a moment, then check both devices to see whether both Secure Notes appear. If they do, then sync is working; it's just the display bug. We're aware of this bug and expect to have a solution for it in an upcoming update, but I've nothing to share at the moment in terms of timing on when that might be released. Let me know what you discover! :)

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Lars, that did the trick with both the iPhone & iPad Mini!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@romad - excellent! Glad I could help and everything's working OK, except that display issue. Keep an eye on updates and their associated release notes to discover when we've solved that one. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.