Why 1Password doesn't fill or find my e-mails adresses and password when logging in an account?

Pafaux
Pafaux
Community Member
edited September 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I entered all my e-mail account in 1Password like for instance hotmail and I stored them in the "emails" files.
But when I want to log in my e-mail account, I can't find the datas straight away in 1Password (it doesn't make the suggestion), it shows me only what is in the "identities"....
I have to enter in 1password, search for the right e-mail and asked to copy the password and paste it!
Why?
Same for my wifi logings (stored in the "wifi" section)
Why do we have the possibility to classify the different passwords and not having them shown when necessary?
Should I have all my password in the same "identities" folder, what I would find quite dumb...

....and sorry for my poor english...

1Password Version: 1.16.2
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: firefox 69.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Pafaux! I'm glad you reached out. The only fillable items in 1Password are Logins, Identities, and Credit Cards. Storing an email as an Email Account item allows for saving many extra details, but you won't be able to use that item to fill in your browser. Instead (or in addition), you'll have to create a Login item that reflects your email credentials.

It'll be the same with a Wireless Router item. It's great for storing details, but it's not an item that can be filled in your browser. 1Password can be used for much more than only passwords, so that's why we have the option to create many different items (like a driver's license or a passport item, for example). I find it extremely useful if I ever need access to that info without having my wallet on me.

• Pafaux
    Pafaux
    Community Member

Hello Kaitlyn. Thank you for your tips!
    I understand and will manage it differently.
    I find it strange all the same that when we store our datas, we can't do both: store and use the to fill passwords... it's already in 1password, why to have to duplicate?!?!?
    Anyway, I will have to...
    Thanks again for your help !!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I agree completely, so I store login credentials in a Login item, and address info in an Identity, so that I can fill both. Glad Kaitlyn was able to help. We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.