How to hide 'On My Mac > Primary' section

Options
luigi555
luigi555
Community Member

I have a Single user subscription and that's all fine, but when I added a Dropbox vault, I automatically got a new section: ON MY MAC > Primary
I do not plan on using this (it's empty) and don't want it to show and I most definitely don't want it to be named Primary (which I can't change either). Is there any way to hide it or completely get rid of it?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Mojave
Sync Type: Subscription/Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi @luigi555!

when I added a Dropbox vault, I automatically got a new section: ON MY MAC > Primary.

I do not plan on using this (it's empty)

If you do not need this vault, we can remove it from the app, no worries :) Before we do that, I would like to make sure that's what you want to do: is there any reason why you added this vault to the app in the first place?

• luigi555
    luigi555
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't add it, it appeared when I added the AE Shared vault from my Dropbox.
    What's confusing (and might be related to this problem) is that when I added this Vault to my iPhone 1Password, the Vault is named Primary. But I can't imagine it's the same Primary as the one on my Mac, because that one is not being synced.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luigi555:

Thank you for the clarification! I see what you mean now. I don't think there is a way to just hide the Primary vault from that list. This is because a Primary vault is created automatically when you add any standalone vault (such as those on Dropbox) to 1Password. You cannot hide it or remove it without removing all other Dropbox vaults first, which looks like something you cannot do since you have a shared vault hosted there.

This discussion has been closed.