changed from Iphone 6 to 8 does not show passwords in the app anymore

Options
marcelijland
marcelijland
Community Member

I changed from IPhone 6 (where I had originally downloaded the 1password on in sep 2016) to a IPhone 8 (software version 12.3.1, IOS 13.1). the app got downloaded fine and also showed my account. after putting in my master password, there is no single password visible...….I have deleted the app and uploaded again, but no result. how can I resolve this? txs

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:syncing to new iphone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marcelijland! Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like your 1Password data on your old phone was stored outside of your 1Password account. Do you remember where your data was stored (the usual options are iCloud, Dropbox or even just locally on your iPhone 6)?

• marcelijland
    marcelijland
    Community Member
    Options

hi, guess my previous comment did not make it....I got all my passwords still on my older IPad, so guess they were stored in the cloud.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marcelijland:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you open 1Password on your older iPad and go to Settings > Vaults > Primary, what sync method do you see listed for this vault?

• marcelijland
    marcelijland
    Community Member
    Options

hi, I see ICloud

• marcelijland
    marcelijland
    Community Member
    Options

should I click "sync now"?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marcelijland:

No, on that iPad you should rather move the existing data from iCloud to your 1Password account, if you created one and it's still empty. Here is what you should do:

1. On your old iPad, add your 1Password account to the 1Password app
    2. Still on your old iPad, once you have both your old vault and your new vault in the app, move your items
    3. Add your 1Password account to your iPhone 8 like you did on your iPad to have your data synced automatically :)
This discussion has been closed.