1PW 6.x in Firefox No Longer Fills in Forms

cynewulf
cynewulf
Community Member

I recently discovered that 1PW no longer worked in Safari, and downloaded the update so it would. I didn't investigate what would happen if I did. I am using a 6.x license. Now not only does it not work in Safari, 1PW in Firefox no longer fills in forms. Is there any way to revert back and get it working in Firefox?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @cynewulf! You're at a crossroads. 1Password 6 for Mac has been retired into "legacy" status since May of 2018 when 1Password 7 for Mac was released, and it (version 6) won't be receiving further updates outside of critical security fixes, should the need arise. The version of extension for Safari that was current when 1Password 6 for Mac was also current has been retired by Apple as of Safari 13, meaning 1Password 6 for Mac just won't work with Safari 13 -- you can't even install the .safariextz extension that 1Password 6 for Mac uses into Safari 13.

So, our recommendation would be to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac. It's already been available for sixteen months, and we can't recommend users intentionally stick with a retired version of any of their critical security applications, including browser(s) and macOS but also 1Password. You can purchase a standalone license for version 7 for $49.99, or sign up for a 1password.com membership/subscription, but this will be the best way forward.

Your other option would be to uninstall version 7 and re-install version 6. Instructions for that can be found here.

Let us know if you have any questions! :)

• cynewulf
    cynewulf
    Community Member

Thank you for helping Lars! I will check it out!

• cynewulf
    cynewulf
    Community Member

I have checked - I see the subscription model, but nothing on the standalone license version. Can you provide a link to purchase? Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cynewulf - So, if you downloaded/installed version 7 from the Mac App Store, that will be the reason you can't see the link to purchase a standalone license. Ordinarily, you'd see the Purchase Options window, which would include a link to buy a standalone license:

But if you have the Mac App Store version, you won't see that because the Mac App Store version is subscription-only. You'd need to uninstall the Mac App Store version and install the version directly from our downloads page. Here are simple steps to do that properly:

• Quit all running browsers
    • Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    • Delete the 1Password 7 app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app from your Applications folder to your Mac's Trash, then empty the Trash.
    • Visit our downloads page and grab a copy of the installer, and run it.
    • When you re-open 1Password 7 for Mac, all your data should be just as you left it. Unlock with your Master Password and you'll see a Read Only badge on all items in the top-right corner of the item in the main 1Password window. Click it. You'll get the Purchase Options screen, where you can choose the license option.
    • Clicking the license link will open a pop-up to our FastSpring store, where you can make the purchase. You'll receive an email from FastSpring with a large blue button/link which you should click while 1Password 7 for Mac is running and unlocked, and it will license 1Password for you.

Let me know if you have any troubles. :)

This discussion has been closed.