1password 7 Data Update/Sync Issue

Options
Tirkish
Tirkish
Community Member

Just upgraded to 1P 7 with subscription membership. I have my Mac and three iOS devices synching properly.

When I make a change, or add a login on my Mac, I see it populate across all devices (and my 1password.com online vault). However, if I create a new login from any other device (or online), the Mac does not update.

Is there a way to force-sync the Mac? Why would there be a lag?

In fact, the only way for me to get the Mac to show the latest Vault data was to sign out of my account in preferences, then log back in....?

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (mac) + 7.4.1 (iOS)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6 + iOS 13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 slow

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Tirkish! That's definitely not what you should be seeing. The 1password.com sync mechanism is usually VERY fast, and the fact that your other devices (presumably on the same home or office network/internet connection) are all working quickly and properly says to me that there's something local on and specific to just that one Mac that's getting in the way of the 1password.com sync notifier. I kind of doubt you'll need this since the other devices are working, but here’s a list of domains and ports that need to be available for 1password.com syncing to work properly (it's not a long list). Absent that, I'd look at anti-virus software, "network filters" such as Little Snitch or HandsOff, possibly VPN software (Cisco's is one we see fairly regularly). Anything that's going to monitor or insert itself into your network traffic. Can you think of any such things? If so, whitelist 1Password or even just temporarily shut the potentially conflicting service/software off, then test it again. Let me know what you discover!

• Tirkish
    Tirkish
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any filters or monitors blocking traffic on the Mac (and yes, the iOS devices are on the same network, so to your point - it's not anything on my router, etc).

I shut down 1P on the Mac since posting my original question, and just restarted and tested again. The listener seems to be behaving now! Nothing changed other than time - but it looks to be updating instantly across all devices and the Mac.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tirkish - I do this every day, and I continue to be amazed sometimes at just how often a simple quit-then-restart will solve such a wide range of issues. Not all of them, of course, so keep an eye on things and let us know if the problem recurs. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.