1Password no longer autofilling in Chrome

Options
DreamViewNHunter
DreamViewNHunter
Community Member

First i'll preface this by saying that i work in tech, and have been using 1Password personally and professionally for 8+ years now.

Problem first, and then environment and specs are below.

Recently, and unfortunately i cant trace it back to a specific install, but my Chrome 1Password autofill is no longer working. The auto-context for a site works fine, but when i got to select a login item to autofill the login page i'm on, the helper window executes, and just loads another helper window that now has no context for the site i'm on. I have to manually copy and paste the username and password as a 2 step process, which kills the whole reason for autofill.

I've tried uninstalling 1Password's extension in Chrome, reinstalling, multiple times. I've tried removing 1Password and all of its application preferences, reinstalled from scratch, and its still acting the same no matter what i do.

I can use the extension in Safari just fine, and it works as it always has for years, this is purely a Chrome issue.

Specs of my configuration:

MacBook Pro (2018) running OSX 10.14.6 (Mojave)
Chrome Version: 77.0.3865.90
Safari Version: 13.0.1 (14608.2.11.1.11)
1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DreamViewNHunter! Welcome to the forum!

The auto-context for a site works fine, but when i got to select a login item to autofill the login page i'm on, the helper window executes, and just loads another helper window that now has no context for the site i'm on.

Would it be possible for you to share a short video of this? Please feel free to send it to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com if it contains personal information, so we can take a closer look in private.

This discussion has been closed.