IPad Air MD791X/A Crashing when try to set pin login - iOS 12.4.2 “Unexpectedly quit” message.

tomato_1
tomato_1
Community Member
edited September 2019 in iOS

As above.

Deleted and reinstalled app = using current app version. Same same.

iPad doesn’t support Touch ID. Pin essential for everyday use.

Thanks
Andrew

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tomato_1

We were actually just talking about this issue earlier today. We're hoping to have it fixed up soon.

Ben

• jenniferbga
    jenniferbga
    Community Member

Hi. Any fixes to this? I have the same issue.

• Hi @jenniferbga

I don't have any additional news to share at this point, however we currently have an update in review with Apple. If the problem persists after installing that update (and restarting the iPad) please let us know.

Ben

• Hi all,

The fix for this was included in v7.4.3. Please let me know if you're still having trouble. :+1:

Ben

• jenniferbga
    jenniferbga
    Community Member

Hi Ben. I updated to 7.4.3 but still had the same issue. I uninstalled, then reinstalled 7.4.3 but still have the same problem.

Once I type my desired PIN in the “create a PIN” section, the app freezes, or at least the Settings area does. Tapping “cancel” or any other menu item in Settings doesn’t get any response. All I can do is tap another area/section (i.e., the icon for Favorites, Categories, or Tags) or quit the app. When I open the app or the Settings area again, it’s clear the PIN was not accepted before the app froze and I still have to use the master password to open 1P at all.

As the OP with this question said, this is a big problem as iPad Air doesn’t use Touch ID (and my master pass is really long!).

Hope y’all can fix this.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Tagging issue in my comment history as I have iPad Air as well (1P not yet implemented on it).

• Hi @jenniferbga

I'm sorry to hear this issue still exists for you. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device. First, please open 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings. Enable logs for lock and UI lock. Recreate the problem you've described while the log settings are enabled. Note the time at which the problem occurred. Once you've done so, generate the report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/534852/#Comment_534852
    • Your forum username: jenniferbga
    • The time you noted above, when you recreated the problem.

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox. Once you've sent the report you can turn the log settings back off.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jenniferbga
    jenniferbga
    Community Member

I hope you got my diagnostic report today. Sending that involved its own difficulties: the diagnostic report in iPad's 1Password settings has no "send" button and no option to copy the .html report (you'd asked me to attach that to an email, but not possible). I think it got sent, eventually. Seriously, I hope you can find a solution to this problem. I use my iPad for work, where I'm required to have approximately 1.7 gazillion different passwords for 1.7 gazillion different apps and accounts; having to type in my master password every single time I want to access 1Password (even when just switching between 1P and another app's screen where I'm pasting info I've copied from 1P) is totally debilitating. Please help, asap.

• @jenniferbga

It does appear we received your report, and my colleague Adam is in the process of reviewing it. We'll be back in touch via email as soon as we have further to report. Thanks!

Ben

P.S. I'm seeing the 'send' button on the diagnostic report just fine?

ref: YTY-48966-594

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You won't see a send button if the iOS Mail app has no email accounts set up in it though I believe.

This discussion has been closed.