problem with general password

gnlp1964
gnlp1964
Community Member

I'm having a very big problem with your software.
I had to reset my iphone XS Max and performing the icloud restore, your software asks me for the "General Password".
I entered both the password of my Apple account and the password I used to start your application, but in both applications it tells me that the password is incorrect
Can you help me?????
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gnlp1964! Welcome to the forum!

I entered both the password of my Apple account and the password I used to start your application, but in both applications it tells me that the password is incorrect

Just to confirm I understood this: are you saying that also your Apple ID password is being rejected?

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

I do not understand what's happening
    Your software on my iphone finds the safes stored in iCLoud and asks me for the password to unlock them
    What would this damn password be ???
    I thought it was that of my iCloud account but it always says it's wrong and the password entered is correct
    Please help me I am desperate: I have saved many professional passwords on iCloud thinking I am quiet but I see that it is not so ..
    Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@gnlp1964:

I thought it was that of my iCloud account but it always says it's wrong and the password entered is correct

The password you need to enter is your Master Password, not your Apple ID password (unless you chose the same one, of course). Once 1Password finds your data in iCloud, it then needs to decrypt it using your Master Password, the one that you have been using to unlock the app before resetting your phone, which only you know.

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

damn I don't remember it and I didn't write it anywhere.
    I remember the password to open the safe but the main password does not
    What can I do?
    Please

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

:'(

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

I understood
    nobody wants to give me a hand .................
    I'm ruined

• @gnlp1964

The difficulty isn't that we don't want to help. 1Password is engineered in such a way that nobody other than you knows your Master Password, not even us. We cannot provide you with something we do not have. Your data is encrypted using that Master Password. The only way to turn the encrypted data from gibberish into something readable is by entering the correct Master Password. We have some tips that may help available here:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

Ben

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

thanks
    a question.
    I recovered an old backup for the desktop version on windows pc. Is it possible in some way to recover the master password from pc?

• A backup of your 1Password data would not contain your Master Password, no.

Ben

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

OK thanks
    I realized that I lost everything even though I think it is very strange that you can't recover the master password somewhere, such as on your servers.
    best regards

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gnip1964:

It is for your security that your Master Password is not stored on our servers. If you could recover it, it would mean that we had your password in the first place, which would make 1Password less secure.

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

Ok I understand.
    Although not recent, I found a backup for the windows pc version, how can I transfer it to my iphone app?
    thanks
    best regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gnlp1964: Can you tell me what you have exactly? It isn't possible to use a PC backup on an iPhone, but there may be a way to restore the data and then sync it over.

• gnlp1964
    gnlp1964
    Community Member

I uploaded an old backup used for a trial version of the software on PC.
    how do i sync it with the iphone ??
    Thanks

• @gnlp1964

If you've managed to get that backup into 1Password on your PC you can learn about how to sync it with your iPhone here:

Sync your 1Password data

If you just have the backup file, and do not have the data in one of the 1Password apps, could you please let us know specifically what this backup file that you have is? I.e. What is the file name and extension?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.