Migrated from 1Password 6 to Families, Browser extensions no longer work

rscohen
rscohen
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user since version 3 or 4. It's always worked so well. Now that I'm married and have gained some kids, I figured to upgrade to a 1Password for Families account. Unfortunately, the browser extension no longer works. That is, it does seem to save new passwords, and it does seem to update old ones. But it does not autofill username/password fields on webpages. Likewise, if I have to fill in credit card info, it does not allow me to easily reach the list of credit cards, as was the case in 1Password 6.

All in all, my experience with 1Password 7 for Families is that it has taken away most of the functionality that made 1Password easy to use. Obviously that was not your intention. So what can I do to make 1Password 7 as awesome as 1Password 6, albeit with the addition of more versatility in the creation and use of vaults?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: ???

Comments

• Hi @rscohen,

Likewise, if I have to fill in credit card info, it does not allow me to easily reach the list of credit cards, as was the case in 1Password 6.

In 1Password > Preferences > Mini do you have Open 1Password to set to Suggestions? If so your credit cards should be in the left-hand sidebar of mini when you want to fill them:

But it does not autofill username/password fields on webpages.

What happens when you press the 'autofill' button on the Login item you want to fill? If 1Password mini closes and then re-opens... that is a bug we're aware of and are working hard to fix. In the mean time, making a second attempt should generally work.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.