have used 1password 9 yrs. Mac just updated to 1Password 7 and now I can't change any passwords

Options
pdxbookworm
pdxbookworm
Community Member

My mac laptop indicated updates and one of them was 1password. Now 1 password 7 is installed and I can open it but if I try to change a password it doesn't work. I just get the "clunk" sound and it is frozen. Screen behind opens and says Welcome to 1password 7 . . . subscribe, etc. I have to close that screen to be able to close anything else. If I do a subscription will it make this go away?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pdxbookworm

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.