Introducing Watchtower 2.0: The turret becomes a castle

Calion
Calion
Community Member

Regarding Introducing Watchtower 2.0: The turret becomes a castle,

1) I understand that, and largely why, you've disabled comments on blog posts. But perhaps a compromise could be a link to a Forum post about that blog post? I seem to recall that used to happen, at least sometimes.

2) I'm still on 1Password 6 (about to upgrade to 7 and probably 1Password.com due to Safari 13 (#$^!&!$@)). Does Watchtower give you an actual notification of some sort that a password has been invalidated? Or do you still have to visit the actual item in question to see the alert?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Jim A Syler

We do sometimes include a little blurb encouraging folks to visit the forum if they have question or comments. On this particular post we have a "Tweet about this post" option.

Does Watchtower give you an actual notification of some sort that a password has been invalidated? Or do you still have to visit the actual item in question to see the alert?

We don't use the system notifications, like you might get from the Messages app for example, but we do badge the appropriate section in the Watchtower area of the sidebar, as well as show a banner on the affected item:

Ben

• Thanks for the feedback @Jim A Syler. Mini will warn you when you go to use the item as well, but your point is well taken. We'll continue to evaluate how we can best make this information visible without being an annoyance.

Ben

• That seems like a self-inflicted problem that could fairly easily be resolved, but your point is well taken. :)

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No comment. :tongue:

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member

I would also love some way of being notified of Watchtower issues that need to be addressed. I may not login to an account with sensitive information for months and never know it had been compromised until I see the banner when filling. Or ever if using the password filler on the iOS keyboard.

Mostly for Compromised Websites, Vulnerable Passwords, and Expiring items.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.