I have 1password 7 on a Mac (7.3.2), 1password on iPhone (7.4.1) and iPad (7.4.1).

Options
pjvandeusen
pjvandeusen
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

I have 1password 7 on a Mac (7.3.2), 1password on iPhone (7.4.1) and iPad (7.4.1). I seem to have two different vaults, neither of which appear on all three devices. I just want one vault that syncs across all my devices. I want to keep all the data and sync my one new vault with iCloud. The vaults are labeled "Personal" and "Primary." On my Mac I have "personal" with no other vaults appearing in the vaults section in the preferences pane. On my iPhone 11 Pro Max I have "primary" which syncs over iCloud and when I try to sync another vault there the only choice is dropbox which I do not want. On my iPad I have both "primary" and "personal." Primary is listed under iCloud and personal is listed under my name.Please help me resolve this confusing mess. I want one vault, with one copy of ALL of my logins, etc, that syncs over iCloud and is current on ALL my devices.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
_Sync Type: iCloud
_Referrer
: forum-search:different vaults on different devices

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @pjvandeusen! I'm sorry for the confusion.

There are two main ways to use 1Password today: as a standalone app with local data, synced by one of our advanced sync methods, or with a 1Password account/membership, which syncs via the 1Password servers. Both methods of storing 1Password data utilize the same 1Password for Mac app.

From your description, you have both. The "Personal" vault is the vault of a 1Password account. A vault called "Primary" is the default vault that's created when you have a standalone 1Password setup. The question for you would be: when did you create your 1Password account. In other words, how long has it been that you've been running with two different sets of data? If it was just yesterday or even last week, assuming you haven't made big changes to your data in the meantime, this should be relatively simple. But if you created your account a couple of years ago and have been using increasingly-dissimilar sets of data for the past year or two, this will require much more careful (and lengthy) manual merging of data, to make sure you don't lose any of it.

Are you able to sign into your account in a browser at https://my.1password.com ?

This discussion has been closed.