Unreadable character in 1Password White Paper

Calion
Calion
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Lounge

On p. 28 of the 1Password White Paper, the symbol for "Uploaded" isn't rendering on my system. I'm using Preview on macOS 10.14.6.

Interestingly, Acrobat Reader seems to identify the problem:

Cannot extract the embedded font 'VENLVK+FiraMath-Regular-Identity-H'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think those are unrelated, but we are looking into ways to improve the white paper with regard to fonts, formatting, and mathematical notation. In the mean time, it will render fully in most web browsers. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: internal/white-paper#1

• FortneyJT
    FortneyJT
    Community Member

Browser displays document correctly but saving file as .PDF results in a file which when opened in Adobe Acrobat DC results in the same error. Many document pages contain errors, especially the inability to display the title page.

Why is this issue so long standing? Can't the font be included in the file available for downloading?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FortneyJT:

I have just tried downloading the PDF of the white paper, and the title page shows up correctly for me:

• FortneyJT
    FortneyJT
    Community Member

Please read my comment. It downloads correctly for me too but it can not be saved for use with Adobe Acrobat.

• I'll pass that feedback along to our security team @FortneyJT, but in the meantime you may want to try a different PDF reader. I've opened it in Preview, Safari, and Pixelmator Pro, and they all display it correctly.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.