Migrating to family subscription from multiple 1PW6 accounts

Options
dmitch77
dmitch77
Community Member

Having updated to Safari 13 on Mac, I am now confronted with the requirement of having to upgrade from my current 1PW 6 license to either a 1PW 7 license or a subscription. My partner and I both have 1PW 6 licenses, with separate vaults and master passwords. Financially it seems to make sense to get a family subscription. We'd share some login info but would want to keep the bulk of our stuff separate. Question: will my partner and I both be able to migrate our current (1PW 6) vaults into the new subscription model and keep our separate secrets and master passwords? Or will only one "old" vault be able to be migrated?

I.e., suppose I start by doing the well-documented migration from 1PW6 with license (and Dropbox) to a family subscription. Then I want to invite my partner to join the family subscription. She wants to migrate her iCloud-based iPW6 vault into our family subscription plan, keeping all (actually most, but we'll deal with that later) of her stuff separate from mine. Is that possible?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: one Dropbox, one iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmitch77!

Question: will my partner and I both be able to migrate our current (1PW 6) vaults into the new subscription model and keep our separate secrets and master passwords?

Yes, every user can migrate their existing data to their new vaults independently. And each of you will get their own combination of Master Password and Secret Key.

She wants to migrate her iCloud-based iPW6 vault into our family subscription plan, keeping all (actually most, but we'll deal with that later) of her stuff separate from mine. Is that possible?

Yes. The process is the same one that you will follow to move your data :)

• dmitch77
    dmitch77
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, it went pretty well. It's a bit confusing when it comes to updating the second and subsequent device(s) for a user's account - each one has an (obsolete) Primary vault on that device (not in the cloud), and it wasn't clear until I'd been thru the process three or four times how to avoid pulling the old Primary into the new setup. The instructions could use some improvement there.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback! And I am happy to hear that everything is now sorted out :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.