changing master password

Options
ninakf
ninakf
Community Member

I am considering changing my master password as per your help that shows a random text pw like: elite-endure-villus-gratify Is that self-selected or can I automatically generate a random pw like that. I am currently on a 30 day trial by myself but plan to add one other family member.

1Password Version: ipassword 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6 Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:changing master password

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@ninakf Maybe this will help. Note that I first clicked Edit, then clicked on the "Gear Icon." You can do this in any Login or Password Item. HTH

• ninakf
    ninakf
    Community Member
    Options

Using the help you gave me above, I changed my master password, saved it but it is not accepted. However, it does show the new master password when I go to my account. I cleared the browsing history and the new one still doesn't work The old master password still works.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ninakf!

Where were you trying to change the Master Password? Was it in a browser or in the app?

• ninakf
    ninakf
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I changed the Master password. It was in the list of passwords on the app where it says 1Password Account (myname) When I click Edit, it now shows the new password but the new Master password does not work.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ninakf:

Have you changed your Master Password in your 1Password account too? I ask because updating it inside the 1Password item is not going to be enough, you need to do it on the website too.

• ninakf
    ninakf
    Community Member
    Options

I did not know it needs to be in the account also. I just entered it into the account and it works. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ninakf, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.