1Password not compatible with Firefox 10.0.6

cjmusante
cjmusante
Community Member
edited August 2012 in 1Password 4 for Windows
I've been using Firefox 10.0.6 ESR for at least a month, and it has been working fine with 1Password for Windows 1.0.9.296, but today, I noticed that the browser helper was not running. I looked at the add-ons for Firefox, and saw that the plug-in for 1Password is showing that it is disabled, due to being "Incompatible with Firefox 10.0.6".

Any idea what is going on, and why this would come up?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please see our support article on Firefox ESR builds and let me know if you have any additional questions. I'd be happy to help further.
  • cjmusante
    cjmusante
    Community Member
    Well, the instructions were clear enough, and the procedure worked. As a result, the extensions file is installed, and Firefox is once again connected to 1Password, but isn't there some implications to turning off the update attribute? Does this disable auto-update for 1Password extensions only, or is it for all extensions?
  • Hi there,

It disables the auto-update for all extensions, you have to update them manually via the Firefox Menu > Add-ons > Extensions.

The issue is that the Mozilla's JetPack SDK requires us to support newer Firefox versions only, it wasn't possible to support Firefox 10 ESR as it is outdated. It is likely that 1Password won't be the only extension affected by this.

As mentioned in that support article, we're investigating a different way to approach this, so that an ESR version of the 1Password extension is possible, which will disable the updates that the stable version of the 1Password extension will get.

This is a difficult thing to work out as there are security implications that we must consider for supporting ESR in this case such as security updates to 1Password that may require newer extension versions that may not work well with ESR.

I hope that explains the situation a bit better. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.