To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password generator and login mismatched

Options
Ant01
Ant01
Community Member

Morning

I have just started using 1Password, (05.10.19) so my difficulty with using 1Password is probably user error.

I have successfully added two logins to 1Password using my original logins, all working O.K. I have then used the password generator via my pc and the windows app to generate a more secure password (30 characters).

I then attempted to log onto the site using the new password via the browser extension (autofill) and find that the password is not accepted, as it is incorrect. On checking the password in the browser extension, the password for the site is only 20 characters long, not 30 as is the case in the windows app.

In short, I appear to have managed to confuse both myself and the application and got the passwords out of sync.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Anthony

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Ant01
    Ant01
    Community Member
    Options

Just a quick update.

I have deleted the two problem logins and started afresh. I have re-entered the logins and everything appears to be instep at present.

As I thought, it must have been user error.

Many thanks

Anthony

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ant01! Thank you for the update.

I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.