1password does not offer autofill when using ipv6

Options
SEMats
SEMats
Community Member

Hi!

1password seems to mis-behave when using IPv6.

When connected to an IPv4 only network:
I start Safari, opens the 1password extension, selects an entry and select goto which takes me to that web site. Then I open the 1password extension again and selects auto fill, which works perfect.

When connected to an IPv6 network:
I start Safari, opens the 1password extension, selects the same entry as above and select goto which takes me to that web site. Then I open the 1password extension again but the "auto fill" button is not there, only the goto button.

Anything I can do (except for copy paste the login details manually which I have to do now)?

/Mats

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password does not offer autofill when using ipv6

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SEMats: I'm not sure I follow. I'm using IPv6 here, it works fine, and I don't see how that would impact 1Password. Can you clarify?

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've tested some more and it seems that only one specific site has this problem. Every other website I have tested now works whether I use IPv4 or IPv6.

So I should really file a bug report with them but that's hard when I don't know why this happens. So can you tell me what possible can cause this (what is the requirements for the auto fill button to be shown)?

Regards
    /Mats

• Ben
    Options

@SEMats

1Password doesn't know (or care) if you are connecting to a web server via IPv4 or IPv6. 1Password works entirely based off of URL. That said, if the URL changes to accommodate connections over one vs the other, then that may be a factor.

If you're going to https://google.com/ 1Password doesn't make any decisions based on whether that connection happened over IPv4 or IPv6 (either is possible). But https://ipv6.google.com/ might be a different case.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.