To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

incomplete import on Convert from 1P6 opvault dropbox to 1p7 membership

Options
kv3
kv3
Community Member

I am currently trying 1password7 with a membership and followed the instructions https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/.

I find that a good chunk of my passwords on a dropbox opvault (1password6) are not brought over.

I also tried to migrate data manually once more, using the instructions later in that same page, but to no avail.
Other than just keeping the original opvault as a backup, do I have no recourse?

Kannan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:incomplete import on Convert from 1P6 opvault dropbox to 1p7 membership

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kv3!

I also tried to migrate data manually once more, using the instructions later in that same page, but to no avail.

Where exactly are you getting stuck in the process? And what happens at that point? Do you get an error message?

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana No error messages, just appears to say it is all done.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kv3:

If you login to your account on 1Password.com, do you see the items there?

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

no, I do not.

Here are some screenshots:

On dropbox:

And on my 1password.com account:

And on 1Password.com:

Kannan

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kv3:

Thank you for the screenshots. I see that your data is not on Dropbox at all, it's already in your 1Password account ("DropBox opvault" is just the name you gave to this vault). They are already on 1Password.com.

Are you now trying to move your items from the "DropBox opvault" to the "Personal" vault by right-clicking on them > Move to Vault > Personal?

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

OK, I get what you are saying here.

The left frame is logical, but not intuitive. I got confused between its representation when I followed the steps to migrate the data, from which I double-click on the Dropbox folder and have it opened by/in 1password 7.

Thanks,

Kannan

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @kv3. Is all of your data in the Personal vault now? If so you can delete the "DropBox opvault" vault. :)

Ben

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben:

Well, that's introduced a new/different problem. I simply selected all entries and asked to move to the Personal Vault.
    I hoped that the "Clean up Duplicate Items" tools would reduce the noise, but since I had been earlier slowly trying to clean things up in the migration as well, very few items actually got flagged as duplicates. Hence now lots of scrubbing by hand.

Flip side, The link to related items feature means that I can create a link from item X to item Y (say from my bank login object to the related credit card objects, or passport to passport jpeg document. Now there are duplicate copies imported and if I delete the wrong record, I have dangling pointes to go back and fix. There is nothing in the "credit card object" or "passport jpeg document" object to indicate it is linked or what items are linking to it.

Kannan

• Ben
    Options

Now there are duplicate copies imported and if I delete the wrong record, I have dangling pointes to go back and fix. There is nothing in the "credit card object" or "passport jpeg document" object to indicate it is linked or what items are linking to it.

That is a valid point, and I'm sorry there isn't currently a better way to handle that. One thing I might suggest is following each of those links that you find and linking the resulting item back, such that, for example:

Your bank login is linked to your credit card
    Your credit card is then linked back to the bank login

Ben

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben:
    Yeah, I get that, and it is an unfortunate PITA, it is just going to take some time to migrate.

A tool that checked that the databases were migrated correctly before I start fiddling with the 1P7 vaults would have helped
    reduce some of this work for me.

Kannan

• Ben
    Options

My apologies that the transition was not as seamless as it should've been. :(

Ben

This discussion has been closed.