Upgraded to 1Password 7 on my iMac and set about syncing my iPad and iPhone already installed apps.

Options
shigura
shigura
Community Member

I upgraded to 1Password7 on my iMac and set about syncing my iPad and iPhone already installed apps. I followed the instructions about scanning the setup code and I now have all my login entries duplicated on my iPad. Also since my original password was only 9 characters long I was promoted to change to a p/w at least ten long. I now have two passwords - one for my iMac and one for my IOS devices. Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded my iMac to 1Password7

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @shigura,

Please check each device for the presence of a vault called "Primary." That should be deleted from any devices it exists on:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Once deleted you will unlock 1Password on all of your devices using the Master Password you picked when establishing your 1Password.com account. Also, this should sort out the duplicates.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• shigura
    shigura
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am now sorted !

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it worked out. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.