1Password 7 license -- can multiple devices be different OS platforms?

elbel9283elbel9283
edited October 8 in Purchasing

I've been on Mac & iPhone for a long time & this summer purchased a 1Pass 7 license. (I've been on 1Pass for a long time too.) I just got a Windows machine and was trying to add my license; it appears that the licenses are OS-based instead of person-based? When I click "add a license" in my Windows 1Pass app, it doesn't see the (Mac?) license file that I downloaded. Changing the file extension and name format to the one I've seen online as the Windows license format will cause the file to show up for 1Pass, but the Windows app doesn't know how to interpret the file contents.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @elbel9283!

Licenses are sold per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have. If you want to use 1Password on Windows devices as well, you will need to purchase a license for 1Password for Windows separately.

If you use different platforms I would strongly advise you to choose a 1Password membership. Basically, everything is included with memberships. All the devices on every platform you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there.

• OK, thanks. (We actually already have a family membership that spouse & kids use, I'd just gotten used to the standalone license and my personal setup.)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

:+1:

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file