Migration form 1password Local Vault to Subscription

lantrix
lantrix
Community Member

Hi. During the upgrade from 1password6 to 1password7 and migration to subscription I followed this guide:
https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

However at the end of the "Copy" phase the small copy windows said there was an error in red text.

The migrate appears complete; but there is a discrepancy on numbers from:

• The Original Local Vault (on my Mac): 1278 items
  • The Membership Account Private Vault: 1298 items

So there is more items in the migrated Private Vault.
It seems that increased count is because all attachments embedded in the Original Local Vault got broken out to seperate items

Local

Account

Is there any other way to verify that the error "There was an error migrating your vault" is actually an issue or not before I delete/close off the local vault?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox Local, Account Vault (New)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lantrix!

The attachments were converted to Documents as part of the migration process, so that is correct. If you would like to try this again to make sure you get no error message (or at least so that you are able to copy the full error message), you could delete the items in your Private vault and try moving your items again.

• lantrix
    lantrix
    Community Member

I've done a quick manual compare - and was happy everything else seemed to sync, so I ended up deleting the private vault. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.