Just now get warning 1Password "can't verify URL" of a vendor previously used. What's up?

Options
rehski
rehski
Community Member

I'm using an iPhone 8 with 1Password 12.4.1 (recently updated) and it's a vendor I've used many times previously. Now, when I try to login with the fingerprint option, I get this scary message telling me "1Password can't verify that (the URL) should have access to your (vendor name) login. Do you want to fill it anyway?" When in reality I've used this login process many times in the past with this vendor. Is there something I need to do to verify the vendor's identity now that's different from the past?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS with 12.4.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Just now get warning 1Password "can't verify URL" of a vendor previously used. What's up?

Comments

• rehski
    rehski
    Community Member
    Options

PS-Could not find the 1password version/extension version info. Where is that anyway?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rehski! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please verify that the website field inside this 1Password item, and the URL of the website that you are trying to login to match?

PS-Could not find the 1password version/extension version info. Where is that anyway?

There is no extension on iOS, but you can see the version of the 1Password app inside its settings, if you scroll a little bit down :)

• rehski
    rehski
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the two urls match. And, and I did find the version info by scrolling down, thanks.

• Ben
    Options

@rehski

I would recommend verifying that this isn't some sort of phishing attempt. For example, closely inspect the two URLs (the one in 1Password and the one in your web browser) side-by-side. E.g.

The top one is 1password.com (one password dot com) — our website. The bottom one is lpassword.com (L password dot com) — not our website. In some fonts these can look identical.

If the two truly are the same, then I wouldn't anticipate any problems.

Ben

• rehski
    rehski
    Community Member
    Options

But the problem reside inside the phone app. Let me walk you through my process. I open the vendor app, and at the login prompt I access 1Password. I'm taken to the 1Password app. I login with fingerprint and enter the vendors name into the search field at the top of the iOS page, and it comes up just fine. The problem occurs when I click on the vendors name that is the result of my search. Here is where I get the warning described above. I'm not sure how the previous description of the problem could occur...? And, oddly, this is a new problem. Is there some kind of security thing that the vendor isn't doing? How can I get 1Password to accept them as a trusted vendor?

• rehski
    rehski
    Community Member
    Options

It is possible for me to copy and paste by circumnavigating the auto login, but not convenient and I just don't understand what's changed.

• Ben
    Options

@rehski

What is the app?

Ben

• rehski
    rehski
    Community Member
    Options

the vendor is one of my banks. iucu.org

• Ben
    Options

@rehski

Thanks. Is this the app in question?

Ben

• rehski
    rehski
    Community Member
    Options

yes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rehski: Can you tell me the exact URL you have saved in the Login item in 1Password? Also, a screenshot of the error you're seeing would be great. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum.

What I am seeing is that the developer did not add any associated domains to their app according to Apple's guidelines, so iOS Autofill cannot match any logins to it. Instead, I have to search through all of them to find the right one. But 1Password is not complaining when I select it. Let me know what you've got.

This discussion has been closed.