Will standalone Windows ver 4 still sync over dropbox if I upgrade Mac ver 6 to ver 7

We have a severely ill family member and on an extremely tight budget and can't spend money on any subscription whatsoever. We've been happily using standalone 1Password 6 on Mac and syncing through Dropbox to 1Password 4 on Windows machines.

Even though I tried to stay with older version of Safari on Sierra, Apple managed to permanently remove the standalone 1Password 6 extension.

We were considering purchasing an upgrade from standalone version 6 to standalone version 7 to hopefully make the extension work again with Safari.

Our concern is we'd have have to upgrade our Windows version from 4 to 7 as well if we go that route. We simply don't have the money to do that right now, nor go the subscription route at this point.

I've been scouring these forums and haven't seen a straightforward answer and hoping to find it here.

Can we still use standalone 1Password version 4 on Windows to sync through Dropbox back and forth to standalone 1Password version 7 on Mac?

If so, are there any set-up requirements we must do to facilitate the process?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@smazzletoff: Yes. You'll just need to use the newer OPVault format, as the old AgileKeychain format is no longer supported going forward. If you're already using that, you just need to point 1Password on each device to that same vault and you'll be all set. I'd encourage you to reach out to [email protected] so we can discuss what might be the best option for you as far as doing the upgrade. We're happy to help in any way we can.

• We have a severely ill family member and on an extremely tight budget and can't spend money on any subscription whatsoever. We've been happily using standalone 1Password 6 on Mac and syncing through Dropbox to 1Password 4 on Windows machines.

Even though I tried to stay with older version of Safari on Sierra, Apple managed to permanently remove the standalone 1Password 6 extension.

We were considering purchasing an upgrade from standalone version 6 to standalone version 7 to hopefully make the extension work again with Safari.

Our concern is we'd have have to upgrade our Windows version from 4 to 7 as well if we go that route. We simply don't have the money to do that right now, nor go the subscription route at this point.

I've been scouring these forums and haven't seen a straightforward answer and hoping to find it here.

Can we still use standalone 1Password version 4 on Windows to sync through Dropbox back and forth to standalone 1Password version 7 on Mac?

If so, are there any set-up requirements we must do to facilitate it?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @smazzletoff!

I have merged your latest message with the discussion that you created last year. I see that the question you have is the same one, so please see above for brenty's answer, and let us know if you have any other questions :+1:

• sorry for some reason it was saved as draft and I thought I was deleting it and I must've hit submit instead.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

No worries @smazzletoff :+1::)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file