To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Catch 22

Options
jj_com
jj_com
Community Member

I tried 1Password for a month and loved it. But due to circumstances I missed doing the renewal. The account is now locked with all my data.
I don't have a secret key as I never got the emergency kit.

So now when I try and renew my subscription I cant login as it needs the secret key, which I never received.
Please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jj_com, 1Password usually doesn't lock you out of your account even after the trial period is over and/or you cancelled your membership; it stays there in watch mode for you to be able to access it.
    It might be one of the two: you forgot your master password and/or didn't save the Emergency Kit. Try out the steps here that explain how you can find your Secret Key: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jj_com

Do you have your account added to one of the 1Password apps? Are you able to view your data there? If so, the guide Yulka1355 linked should help. Please let us know.

Ben

• jj_com
    jj_com
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the replies, but those links don't help. To regenerate your secret key you need to login to your web account and to login to your web account you need.....guess what....the secret key

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe your browser didn't remember it, @jj_com. Try then clicking on the "Find my account"; it'll send you an email with partial details about your account. It's located on the bottom, under the "Sign In" button.

• Ben
    Options

@jj_com

I'm talking about 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Windows, 1Password for iOS, or 1Password for Android. Do you have any of those installed? If so, are they logged into your account? If they are, they will have your Secret Key stored.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.